Do you remember a significant first birthday, perhaps it was the first birthday of a child or grandchild or maybe it was the first anniversary of a new work role or partnership? Whatever the event it is worth taking time to reflect on the journey and acknowledge all the ups and downs along the way and be grateful for the experience.
According to Psychology Today there are are 7 scientifically proven benefits:
- Gratitude opens the door to more relationships.
- Gratitude improves physical health.
- Gratitude improves psychological health.
- Gratitude enhances empathy and reduces aggression.
- Grateful people sleep better.
- Gratitude improves self-esteem.
- Gratitude increases mental strength.
So, Carole, Julie and Ro are feeling grateful today as we celebrate our first anniversary operating Perth Care + Companion Company. Along our journey we have met some amazing people either as clients, staff, supporters or business colleagues and we are incredibly grateful for your support, feedback, and encouragement.
And I think Carole, Julie and I have experienced some or all of the benefits attributed to being grateful.