A rewarding career
Would you like to work with us?
Do you have room in your heart to share the life of a senior?
Do you need a paying role where your caring, compassionate nature is respected and rewarded? If you are interested in helping someone stay in their own home feeling secure, and safe, or assisting a senior to important events in their life? If you this sounds like you, call 08 9276 1520 to register your interest.
Perth Care and Companion Company (PCCC) is currently interested in hearing from people interested in being a Care Companion to share life’s journey with our clients.
The best bit about our care companions:
- You genuinely care for others, you know the type, always willing to help with a soft heart and a kind word
- You see what needs done to help the client and do it- common sense isn’t always common but we love people with this rare commodity
- You are a thinker, someone who thinks about how you can make the clients day a little bit sweeter- maybe a song or a rose from the garden, or a trip to the pub…our personal favourite
- You have maturity and confidence to communicate and connect with clients and really get to know them
- You have a wicked sense of humour and enough experience in life to understand that we are all different and accept people for who they are
The boring bits:
- You may have qualifications in caring (cert 3 or 4) or nursing (but experience and the other stuff above are way more important)
- You are experienced in providing hands on care to others (yes the clients may be naked)
- You understand the challenges clients face with declining health conditions which affect their physical ability and cognition
- You have, or are willing to obtain, a first aid certificate
- You have a driving license (and a reliable car)
- You have a smart phone and are not afraid to use it
The awesome bits:
- You get to work with and learn from fabulous people with amazing stories of their journey in life
- You get to work with like minded colleagues with amazing back up and support
- You can work a few hours or a lot of hours – it’s up to you as long as you can be consistent
- We pay above award….now what’s not to like about that?
The other stuff:
- We have Care Companions who stay with clients 24 hours for between 2 -5 days a week. This is a live in position for the duration of the roster, yes you need to sleep over and you will have your own room. You will have some time to yourself but need to be ‘on hand’ for the client.
- We have 8 hour rotational shifts for staff who want to work mornings, evenings or nights.
- We have very flexible hours for care companions who can only work a few hours here or there or need the flexibility of being able to juggle life’s other commitments (like children, families and pets!)
If you are interested, current job vacancies are listed below: